Se encuentra usted aquí
2017-2021 (Uganda) GIRH en 2 cuencas
- The communities in 2 water catchments have improved access to water and sanitation by availability of improved and innovative operational public facilities.
- Local governance of water resources is improved thanks to better planning methods of and better cooperation between the relevant actors and thanks to their enforced capacities.
- Planning and implementation of the land use activities by the households in the hotspots is sustainably improved and guided by community based IWRM plans at micro catchment level.
- The experiences and lessons learned/ best practices are documented and used for advocacy at national level.
Further information: see under 'activities & results'.
- IWRM: 747.000 persons who live in the Mpanga catchment
- IWRM: 167.500 persons who live in the Upper Lake Albert catchment
- Drinking water: 19.200 persons
- Sanitation: 10.100 persons
- Co-Valent through Entrepreneurs pour Entrepreneurs
- Pidpa HidroPLUS
- Linklaters Ltd
- Soroptimist club Zottegem
1. Improved access to water and sanitation/improved facilities
- feasibility assessment (manual drilling)
- capacity building local entrepreneurs in manual drilling
- activities on the new landing site: public Ecosan, fish handling infrastructure
- school pack IWRM: school Ecosan and school facilities (RWH, handwashing, vegetable gardening, waste handling, dish rack,...)
2. Governance water resources
- capacity support towards water user associations
- support towards Water User Associations into their transformation into Water Boards (district level)
- capacity support towards Local authorities, mainly in tendering for the following public infrastructure
3. IWRM implementation
- catchment assessment Lake Albert Catchment (water resources, stakeholder assessment,...)
- awareness campaign for the local communities Upper Lake Albert catchment (IWRM awareness, or Hygiene &Sanitation)
- support to the CMO in Mpanga and Upper Lake Albert
- attend Thematic Team meetings on IWRM
- organize and host UWASNET working group meetings (IWRM, climate change)
- document experiences and disseminate
- JESE - Joint Effort to Save the Environment
- NRDI - Natural Resource Defense Institute
- HEWASA- Health through Water and Sanitation
¿Quieres ayudar a apoyar este programa? Por favor, póngase en contacto con: harald [dot] vanderhoek [at] joinforwater [dot] ngo